Saturday, September 20, 2008

We Are A Part of The Rhythm Nation...

Well, talk about a lucky find.

I thought I had used up all my celebrity interviews. However, I was going through some old posts the other day and low and behold – I find this.

I’m still holding out on one more from the archives – plus I may be trying to wrangle a brand new interview… but we’re still trying to put the final touches on that one.

Anyhow – it will pretty much explain itself below. So, have some fun with it.

_____________________________________

Once again, dear readers – the machine that is the New Empire Lounge has come through once again, securing an interview with only the biggest of newsmakers around today – the nasty girl, herself – Janet Jackson.

We here at the Lounge have been able to secure the most extensive interview with the Queen of Pop since the now-infamous nip-slip during the Halftime show at last Sunday’s Super Bowl.

The funny thing about this interview was that, much like the well-publicized interview I had with her brother a few months ago – she comes across much different than her public persona would indicate, with a much harder, almost street-like presence about her. It was eerily similar to my interview with Michael. In fact, it was almost like I was interviewing the same person.

Regardless, I found Janet to be fairly open about the incident, as well as several others that we discussed during our near-three hour session. She did seem a bit faraway at times – and almost a little like she was a completely different personality. However, despite her constant attempts to get some of my “sweet white ass,” as she referred to it, I was able to come away fairly unscathed physically, if not completely so emotionally.

Anyhow, please take a moment to sit down and enjoy as the New Empire Lounge talks with Janet Jackson:

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

NEW EMPIRE LOUNGE: Thank you for taking the time to sit down with us today, Janet. I know things have been a little hectic for you as of late.

JANET JACKSON: Damn! They didn’t tell me you was such a fine lookin’ white boy.

NEL (embarrassed): Oh . . . um, thank you.

JJ: Hey, you know – it’s all good. I’m surprised though – Mike didn’t tell me how fine you was. He’s usually pretty good about letting me know about some good lookin’ boys.

NEL: So, I’ve heard.

JJ: What you mean by that?

NEL: Nothing. Anyhow, obviously everyone wants to know about the Super Bowl. What happened?

JJ: That was just plain old messed up. That fine little Justin Timberlake was supposed to pull off the top of my shirt – you see, I had a little sign on my bra that said “Free MJ”, you know what I’m saying?

NEL: Holla.

JJ: Right. See, I didn’t tell anyone we was gonna do that, cause they don’t want to go near the whole thing with Mike. So, anyhow – that silly little cracker goes and reaches down and pulls the whole thing right off. Before I knew what happened, my damn tittie was just hanging out there for everyone to see.

NEL: It sure was.

JJ: Yeah. You liked that, didn’t you?

NEL: Um . . . I guess so.

JJ: You want your own private showing baby?

NEL: Um . . . maybe later.

JJ: You sure? You know, after the thing at the Super Bowl, I really haven’t had much time to take care of myself, and, you know, Janet wants to get her freak on.

NEL: Well, like I said, we’ll think about it.

JJ: I’m gonna hold you to that, baby.

NEL: I’ll keep that in mind. Anyhow, so what was the reasoning behind the move in the first place? It seemed kind of out of place for the Halftime Show at the Super Bowl, don’t you think?

JJ: Well, see baby – it’s like this: I ain’t had a hit song in over 10 years, so I was surprised that they even bothered to call me in the first place. I guess they figure they can’t have MJ, they might as well get the next best thing.

NEL: Belie’ dat.

JJ: Oh, yeah – you know where I’m coming from. Anyhow, then they tell me they want me to sing these old songs of mine, and I’m all like, “What the f*** is up with that? You want me to perform on the god damn Super Bowl and you ain’t even gonna have me do a new song? What the f*** is wrong with you people?” So, I figure that I’d put that little message on my bra, you know – to kinda support MJ and maybe take a little heat off him. Plus, it’s always nice to cause a little buzz around Miss Nasty, you know what I’m saying?

NEL: I hear ya. Well, you definitely succeeded with that part, at least. There’s more people talking about Janet Jackson now than there were back in the 80’s when you were still popular.

JJ: What you saying – Janet ain’t popular no more?

NEL: Well, like you said – you haven’t had a hit song since Clinton was in office – first term even.
JJ: Yeah, I guess you right.

NEL: So, anyhow – are you surprised about all the attention you’ve gotten thanks to this little “mishap?”

JJ: Kinda. I mean, when you get right down to it – it’s just a tit. What’s the big problem? If you a woman – you got ‘em. I just don’t see what the big deal is. Hell – you ever see one of my dance routines? That’s a hell of a lot more obscene that just seeing a tit. If I was one of those prissy “what about the children” types, I’d be more pissed off about that then seeing a tit. That’s the problem with people these days – they’re all way too sensitive and most of them are sensitive about the wrong things.

NEL: True dat. However, not everyone is sensitive about it – according to TiVo, that nip slip was the most replayed moment ever on their system. How or why they can know that is beyond me, but apparently it’s a fact.

JJ: Yeah, that’s crazy. I guess there are still some people out there that love, Janet after all. Besides, you know what they say, “Any publicity is good publicity.”

NEL: Especially where you’re concerned.

JJ: Right. Um . . . what was that?

NEL: Nothing. So, let’s see – you’ve posed for magazine covers with a man’s hand covering your bare chest, you’ve had almost as much plastic surgery as your brother and now you’ve bared your right tit for the whole world – and then some – to see. Will you be making the full plunge and posing for Playboy anytime soon?

JJ: Aw – I don’t know about that, yo. The family wasn’t too happy about it when LaToya posed – she was in the dog house with them for a long time. Though, now that I think about it – I don’t think she really ever figured it out. I mean, she came around the house and no one would talk to her, but that’s like any other time Toya comes by.

NEL: Intriguing. So, they got mad at LaToya for posing in nude in Playboy, but showing one of your hooters to a stadium full off drunken football fans is acceptable?

JJ: Well, like I said, that was an accident.

NEL: Oh, that’ right – I forgot . . . an “accident.”

JJ: Yeah. One thing I would like to do is get back into acting a little more.

NEL: That’s right. Everyone remembers you as the young cute girlfriend of Willis on “Diff’rent Strokes.”

JJ: Yeah, that was a mother f**king blast. Todd Bridges and I spent a lot of time together, both on and off the set.

NEL: And now he’s an armed felon. Go figure.

JJ: Yeah.

NEL: So, do you have any projects lined up for your grand return to the big screen?

JJ: Um, no not yet. I’ve gotten a few things, but nothing that really excites me. I still need to get ahold of the people over at Cinemax. Someone over there is real anxious to talk to me. Those mother f***ers are leaving three, four messages a day for me, talking about something called, “Miss Nasty.” Sounds pretty cool.

NEL: You know – that’s probably the least shocking thing I’ve heard all day. So, any last words for your fans out there?

JJ: Yo, yo - I just want to give a shout out to all my fans – to let them know that I love them and that I will be back and bigger than ever real soon. The exposure I’ll be getting will just blow you all away. Belie’ dat. And for all the haters out there . . . go f*** yourselves.

NEL: Well spoken. Thanks for your time once again, Janet.

JJ: That’s Miss Jackson if you’re nasty.

NEL: Ha. Very funny.

JJ: Damn straight. Yo, yo - FREE MJ!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was one of my favorite celebrity interviews on the old site. Any time you can reference the phrase "Belie dat!," it's a good thing...

Rob W. said...

Agreed. Belie' dat is a far too unused phrase anymore. In fact - I think you should go in to work tomorrow, and the first time anyone asks you something, just turn your head, cock one eyebrow and go, "Belie dat, playa."